Overview / Key Features / Comparison
How It Works
The lock is programmed once at the time of installation. Three double "A" batteries give it the power it needs to operate. NO WIRING IS REQUIRED!
You are given a username and password to access a website where you can generate "codes" which open the lock. These "codes" are not just random numbers but are "smart codes" that contain information such as the time, date and duration of stay etc. This information is passed to the lock when the user presses the 6-digit sequence of numbers (smart code) into the lock. The lock will respond if the information is correct. Once the date has passed the lock will no longer respond to that code. The lock together with the web site service is known as the "Oracode System" and it is being used by hundreds of rental management companies around the county and internationally.
The lock is rigorously tested in the Kaba-Ilco quality control laboratory according to high standards of strength and durability. Its vandal-resistant, metal keypad is a standard component used in telephones. With no communication between the web and software there is very little to go wrong.
The Oracode system has withstood hurricanes, tropical storms and extreme cold.
- The lock is a totally sealed unit with no exposed electronics and is resistant to the harshest conditions
- Meets requirements of ANSI A156.25 for dust, rain, humidity and salt spray corrosion tests
The Oracode system is designed to increase security for the homeowner, guest, staff and management. With the ability to record all transactions in the lock and on the web, accountability is clear.
- Codes can be generated ahead of time through a high security server on the Internet
- Access can be given days, months or years in advance with no risk of access being compromised
- Any transaction that takes place on the Oracode system can be traced
- The system will grant unique access up to 128 users
- By using e-codes instead of traditional keys or cards, you have a virtual fingerprint of everyone who enters the unit
- Codes are automatically deactivated at the end of their stay
- The lock has a capacity to remember the time and date of the last 1,000 events.
Guests have chosen a rental property for their vacation. Why give them the stress of arriving by a certain time at a separate location to pick up a keycard or keys?
- Once your property is booked and paid for, your guest is given a time and date specific code that serves as an electronic key
- The code is time specific, opening on the arrival date and automatically expiring on departure
- Designed for 1 to thousands of units (in one location or all over the world)
- Guests don�t have to check in anywhere or pick-up and drop-off keys
- � Renters have the option to change the code at the lock to a simple or familiar number if they wish
- Codes can be given verbally, by fax or email
- Visit the lock once to initialize it and return only when an audit is necessary
- NO software to install.